Culture Label recently published a very informative infographic showing some global mobile trends, specifically around how quickly mobile has been adopted in our personal and professional lives.
Below are some of the key global mobile trends worth highlighting:
- 17% of the world’s population is a mobile web user (1.2 billion people)
- 30% of the world’s mobile users live in China and India
- 53% of Africa’s population has a mobile device
- Over 300,000 applications have been developed in the last 3 years. These mobile applications have been downloaded over 10 billion times!
- 98% of users use the mobile device at home while 79% use it while shopping and 74% at work
- 9% spend 7 minutes a day using email and mail applications on their mobile device
- 59% spend 40 minutes / day using mobile web applications and utilities
- 50% of all mobile page views was a result of social networking. Facebook mobile users quadrupled in 2 years (from 50 million users in 2009 to 200 million n 2011)
- 8.5% of website page views originate from a mobile device
- There are 200 million mobile YouTube video playbacks each day
- 77% of mobile users use search engines via their mobile device. 9/10 searches resulted in an action (such as a purchase)
As you can tell, mobile significantly impacts the lives of users across the globe on a daily basis – and it’s important for brands to understand how which opportunities exist to optimise their offering so that consumers are able to find, share and consume content and experiences, ultimately with desirable business outcomes.
Posted in Blog, Mobile on 26th April 2012 at 08:08 am