In its S1 Filing for the upcoming IPO, Facebook revealed some interesting facts and figures. Here are our eight favourite statistics as revealed by Facebook.
- Facebook has 901 million monthly active users (this is up from last year’s 680 million).
- Globally, one in 7.7 people have a Facebook account
- Facebook users post 3.2 billion Likes and Comments daily
- There are 488 million monthly mobile Facebook users. In the month of March 2012, there were 83 million monthly active users who accessed Facebook via their mobile device only.
- 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook daily
- Facebook’s revenue totalled 1.058 billion for the first quarter of 2012. This is up from last year’s $731 million.
- Zynga (an online games company) contributes 15% of Facebook revenue
- There are 42 million “Pages” that have 10 or more ‘likes’ and 9 million Facebook “apps”
Posted in Blog, Social media on 2nd May 2012 at 15:09 pm